All Saints Church, Wytham
Welcome to the website of All Saints Church, Wytham in Oxfordshire, UK.
There has been a church in Wytham, as far as we know, since at least 1135. The current building was constructed by Montague Bertie, 5th Earl of Abingdon, in 1811 -1812, using materials from its predecessor and from Cumnor Place, or Hall, which had recently been demolished.
The church contains many artefacts and memorials from the 17th Century, and a few - mainly stained glass - from much earlier. Some of the glass may have been made as early as the end of the fourteenth century. Much of the stonework came from Cumnor Hall, including two, perhaps three windows on the south side of the church. The big east window had to be cut down to fit, and if you look carefully the pictures within the frame can be seen to be incomplete.
Friends Of All Saints Church
* Latest News *
Find out more about our Heritage Lottery Funding by clicking on the logo above