The Friends of All Saints’ Church are pleased to run a full schedule of events.
* Coming Up Soon *
- Rogation Sunday, Sunday 21st May - church service at 11.00 followed by walk in Wytham Woods at 12.15, led by Conservator Nigel Fisher. A picnic lunch will be available (£6.50)
- Supporting The Wolvercote & Wytham Summer Festival
- Tuesday 20th June - Our popular Concert in the Church
- Saturday/Sunday 24th/25th June - Art & Craft Show in the church
- AGM - Sunday 30th July, followed by tea, cake & chat in an English country garden
- Ride & Stride 2017 - Saturday 9th September, together with churchyard clear up ready for Autumn.
You can download information on our up & coming events here (PDF): Friends Of All Saints' Events
- Annual General Meeting, Saturday 16th July at 4pm in the Church was followed by a talk from Nigel Fisher to mark 10 years of the Friends “A Decade of Change in Wytham Woods”
- Wolvercote & Wytham Midsummer Festival, Friday 17th June to Sunday 26th June. Many events and entertainments took place in the two villages. Two events were held at All Saints’:
- Tuesday 21st June Evening - Concert
- Saturday & Sunday 25th/26th June – the ever popular Art Show, followed by a drinks reception to close the festival
- Oxfordshire Art Weeks, Saturday 14th May. Friends of All Saints’ collaborated with The Studio in Wytham Woods as part of Art Weeks Festival.
- Rogation Sunday Walk, Sunday 1st May Taking place after the church service, this year's traditional walk along part of the parish boundary was kindly led by David Crutchley, Manager FAI Farm.
2015 and earlier
- Institution and Induction of The Rev. Charles Draper as Vicar of Wolvercote and Wytham, at St Peter’s Church, Wolvercote, Thursday 19th November 2015
- Forage & Feast – an event in partnership with the Wytham Woods & White Hart of Wytham teams, Saturday 3rd October 2015
A foraging walk in Wytham Woods, led by The Wilderness Volunteers, followed by a 3-course meal in The White Hart of Wytham, prepared by the White Hart chef, using foraged ingredients. After lunch, a short walk to All Saints’ for coffee and to view the progress of the roof works.
- Three Orchards Walk- Led by Bill Clarke, Saturday 26th September 2015
Walk from two Wytham village orchards, then on to Wolvercote Community Orchard, ending with lunch at White Hart in Wolvercote.
- Harvest Festival service 11am, followed by lunch in the church, Sunday 27th September 2015
When all is safely gathered in, join the service of thanksgiving followed by sherry or coffee. A Ploughman’s lunch served after.
- Ride & Stride, Saturday 12th September 2015
The 30th annual sponsored cycle around many of the region’s historic churches - www.rideandstrideuk.org - all the monies raised go towards the upkeep of church buildings.
This year a team from Wytham Cricket Club challenged themselves to cycle from the north to the south of the county – Oxfordshire Pole to Pole! To support them go to www.justgiving.com/wythamcricket2015
For more details and photo of three of the gallant Wytham CC team, see: www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/13619457.Cricketers_up_stumps_for_church_appeal_bike_ride/
- Cream Teas in the ffennell Memorial Garden at the Church Sunday 23rd August 2015
A great way to finish off a walk around the village or in the woods, or meet up with friends, on a (hopefully) sunny Sunday afternoon.
- Car Boot Sale on Wytham Recreation Field, Sunday 16th August 2015